The Account Director for Tier 2-4 clients (medical device manufacturers with ~$100M or less in annual revenue) is a dedicated resource that ensures new sales growth, continued sales, and customer satisfaction with qualified small to medium (Tiers 2-4) clients to ensure the customer segment experiences the ever-growing value of R&Q. The position will lead the acquisition of new clients and maintain and expand relationships within existing strategic accounts. The Tier 2-4 Account Director provides point of contact leadership with existing customer accounts ensuring a high and consistent level of quality service, customer support and satisfaction, and drives R&Q’s sales revenue for small and medium client accounts for the current year and into the future. A high level of intuition is required to accurately predict the next step for the growing customer segment. This position can reside in the greater Pittsburgh or the greater Minneapolis area.
- Conducts contract, business and operational discussions with decision makers within target organizations and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Participates in business and project planning activities. This Account Director is an integral part of the customer’s business and project planning processes.
- Ensures key R&Q support departments are aligned with client requirements.
- Prepares estimates, presentations, and service agreements.
- Work with legal and finance to ensure contract requirements are defined and implemented
- Work with proposal Design and Delivery Team to develop accurate and timely proposals
- Work directly with consultants as Subject Matter Experts on sales calls and projects.
- Leads the qualification and acquisition of new accounts.
- Determines and targets prospects that are fully qualified and strategically positioned as R&Q clients.
- Develops and cultivates long-term relationships with existing accounts to achieve ongoing sales.
- Identifies new internal customer targets and opportunities to increase sales with existing customers.
- Builds relationships and partners with Economic Development and Trade Association organizations to identify and serve Tier 2-4 clients, regionally.
- Leads the promotion of R&Q through a variety of marketing tactics & strategies.
- Develops and maintains product knowledge.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Identifies and resolves client concerns with Program Managers and Operations Directors
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required in related field with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in regulatory and/or quality, required.
- Must have direct experience working in the medical device industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Account Management or Sales with a medical device account preferred
Behaviors: Action-Oriented, Approachability, Building Effective Teams, Business Acumen, Career Ambition, Composure, Courage (Managerial), Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Informing, Integrity & Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Planning
- Demonstrated persuasion and consensus building skills dealing with customer accounts, having the ability to interact with all levels in the organization, required.
- Experience in working in the consulting service industry or similar service organization with a record of successful client engagements, required.
- Demonstrated history of developing and maintaining long term sales relationships.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and ascertain both business and Account skills to support the changing demands of both the customer and R&Q.
- A strong understanding of and direct experience in regulatory and/or quality services and industry experience completing these service is required.
- Strong understanding of medical device development required.
- Excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences ranging from Engineers through the CEO.
- A strong sense of urgency required.
- Demonstrate flexible and positive “can do” approach to delivering results.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.