The Project Specialist will provide daily support to the Operations department, which includes maintaining trackers and databases, communicating information to R&Q employees, and partnering with other departments to collect pertinent information critical to resourcing and project management. This role focuses efforts to develop and improve company metrics, to maintain quality system compliance, to provide communications to other departments and employees, and to keep information organized.
Key Areas of Demonstrated Competence:
- Monitor and maintain all internal operations processes; this includes uploading and managing project documents, tracking and monitoring all project sites (SharePoint), maintaining the skills matrix of consultants, conducting mobility surveys and the data management of new hires.
- Monitor Corporate Project Tracker and follow-up with assignees on tasks.
- Work with project leads to gather up to date information regarding projects, to discuss project metrics, and to monitor project progress.
- Enter and track operations data in Sales Force to ensure up to date information is being entered into sales pipeline.
- Track operations metrics and develop and monitor reports regarding resourcing and project management. Use this information to provide appropriate communication for the teams.
- Create process for shared practices learning across projects and execute across all regions.
- Gather data from closing projects to be utilized for lessons learned, best practices sharing, and future project quotes.
- Assist in the design, utilization and management of the Operations Oxygen site (SharePoint).
- Support the creation and maintenance of Sales Tools.
- Help to maintain internal quality system activities by managing training records, facilitating closure of CAPA and Complaints, and maintaining Document Control of Procedures, Forms, and Templates.
- Oversee the archiving of pertinent project documents, including sales and operations documents.
Assist Service Design and Development Manager, VP of Operations, Directors of Operations, and Project Managers/Leads on day to day activities which include:
- Project Tracking and Monitoring- burn rate, remaining hours and dollars, potential issues
- Trending data regarding operations, resourcing, and estimations.
- Generating reports to convey status updates to teams and departments.
- Assist with updating templates/procedures.
- Assist in meetings – i.e., take meeting minutes and distribute
- Maintaining Operations knowledge and best practices – Skills Matrix, Supporting Center of Excellence, Resourcing Trackers
- Bachelor level degree, technical field, preferred.
- 0 – 3 years of working experience.
- Advanced computer skills – including business applications, data analysis, reporting writing, and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience exercising discretion and maintaining confidential information, required.
Not required but a plus:
- Medical Device experience
- Relevant internship(s)
- Experience in a project specialist or project coordinator role
- Experience with Sales Force and/or SharePoint.
Action-Oriented, Approachability, Building Effective Teams, Business Acumen, Career Ambition, Composure, Courage (Managerial), Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Informing, Integrity & Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Planning
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with co-workers and management required.
- Detailed orientated, strong organization skills, analytical mindset, time- management.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain composure, take direction from multiple people, and work independently.
- Willing to problem solve and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to approach problems from a holistic perspective.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.